Kanban Deep Dive
Go beyond the basics of Visual Management and learn the full Lean Kanban framework giving you the tools and knowledge to confidently lead evolutionary change in your area while bringing teams, customers and stakeholders along the journey.
This deep dive is ideal for service and team leaders who are ready to deepen their understanding of advanced Kanban techniques.
This class shows you how to improve time to market and predictability, create happier and more engaged teams that have better managed work and measurably higher performance.
Through engaging exercises, simulations and real-world examples learn:
- How Kanban fits in with Lean, Agile and Scrum
- Use Visual Management to increase transparency and empowerment
- How to use charting and statistics to measure and manage flow
- How to run the three key Kanban feedback mechanisms: The Daily Meeting, The Improvement Kata, The Operations Risk Review
- How to reduce time to market by using Work in Progress (WIP) limits
- The critical trade-offs between lead time, WIP limits, throughput, batch size and utilisation
- The principles for successfully adopting Kanban
- How to implementing demand management and prioritisation processes
- How to extend Kanban to the portfolio level
Also gain hands-on practice through playing the the getKanban Game. This game immerses us in a detailed simulation of product development using Kanban and is a great way to learn:
- How to use Kanban across specialised roles
- Practice measuring and visualising key process metrics such as cycle time, cumulative flow and financial results
- Learn how to handle fixed-date work and urgent work using Kanban
- Try your hand at managing a Kanban project and see the impact of your management policies!
About the trainer
Ben Hogan has been helping teams adopt Lean and Agile methods since 2003 across many IT projects, IT operations teams and business teams including marketing, HR, finance and customer service. At the enterprise scale Ben has introduced agile practices in industries such as higher education, insurance and a start-up training organisations. He is one of the first people to teach Kanban in Australia, is a Lean Kanban Coach and is a participant in the Kanban Leadership Retreat.